Sunday, May 9, 2010

About Me

Hi, I’m a retired contractual employee since last year, of a shipping company based in Manila. The shipping industry suffered a major setback due to the global economic crisis. Since then, many employees find it hard to be hired again- because only a few slots are available, many waited for 6 months and some even almost a year to sign a contract again. I was affected too- I was one of them. So while at home, I surf the net to keep myself busy. And I find many things that interest me- one of them are blogs. I have read some of them, and I was encouraged to make my own blog…
Here, I would like to share to others- to the world, my life experiences; I’d also discuss about anything that comes to mind- anything under the sun… :)
I have been a sailor for almost 20 years. And being away from one’s family is a sacrifice one must bear to ensure a better and comfortable life for my loved ones. Before, I have earned quite enough for my family…but now that I’m jobless I’ve got to find some ways to support them- since my 2 daughters are still in school. Good thing, we still have a few savings...and my wife and I are planning to put up a small sari-sari store (a store who sells foods and other things). Before we come to that time...I'd make myself busy on blogging- I'm here to share my knowledge and experiences on everything... I hope you like it-- please do follow me...and feel free to write comments and suggestions, and I'll surely reply to them soon...Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment