Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A cure to the summer heat

It was a boring and hot Wednesday afternoon...so I decided to watch a romantic movie entitled "Bright Star. " It was a true story set in London (1818), about the relationship between John Keats an English poet and the girl next door Fanny Brawne who has an eye for fashion- she even makes her own clothes. At first they were at odds, but gradually they came to like each other and even fell in love. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the movie because I found their love for each other to be pure and honest. But even true love cannot prevent the tragedy that was to befall on the young lovers...This movie made me realize that love does last amidst the loss of the person whom you care most ; because you'll always have the sweet memories. This movie is absolutely inspiring-- this reminds me that it is better to be in love and to love your love than to never have loved at all. I also reminisced my innocence before, and my first love... This movie definitely completed my day...
quotes: poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery...forever panting and forever young
I would also like to recommend reading John Keats' letters to Fanny...here in : http://books.google.ca/books?id=h14LAAAAIAAJ&printsec=titlepage#PP%20A3,M1

No comments:

Post a Comment